Friday 24 April 2015

The Environmentally-Friendly Tesla

One of the most impressive cars on the market today is the Tesla Model S. Despite the fact Tesla didn't release a new car, it was named Consumer Report's Best Car for the second year in a row. Out of all the electric vehicles, Tesla has the most advanced and efficient battery system that allows it to go farther on a single charge, travelling close to 400 km. Having an electric car like this reduces your carbon emissions for most areas of the world. Electric vehicles are more harmful to build, but the negative effects decrease after that. It depends on how the electricity is created, as coal burns dirtier than a gasoline engine. Here in Manitoba, with hydroelectricity, it is definitely a good choice.

 

2 comments:

  1. The Tesla looks like a really cool car! How are electric vehicles more harmful to produce? I heard some rumours that once the batteries are worn out, they are harmful for the environment when disposed. Is this true? Do you ever see yourself owning one of these cars? I certainly do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't completely understand the specifics, but the batteries are more harmful to make than a combustion engine. The batteries are lithium ion based, which are recyclable to minimize harm to environment. I would love to own one of these cars, for more reasons than the efficiency. I hope that in my adult life I will have the money, and that they will be common so I can purchase a vehicle like this.

    ReplyDelete