Friday 1 May 2015

Progress update

Willow cuttings
Our order for trees will be available by May 7th, at which point my project will take off. Currently, we are preparing the willow 'trees' for planting by letting them soak in water. I will ask my mentor his opinion on when they will be ready to plant.
This weekend, the first time I won't be busy in a while, I will start to transplant some of our older trees to our other property. They are currently much too close to each other and it is hindering growth. With the spots I free up, I will fill next weekend when our tree order comes in.
The next few weeks will be a lot of hard work, as I get the bulk of my project done.

1 comment:

  1. It is exciting that your plans are coming together and that you will be able to start planting soon. Hopefully the weather cooperates with your planning. It would be great to see some before and after shots of your work.

    ReplyDelete